Friday, July 19, 2013

Day 4, Birthday eve

I'm waiting on labs to come back to know if we can go home tonight...it's currently 10:15pm, but I don't care. If he has cleared the methotrexate, we are breaking out of here. Today has been rough. Rough physically on Watts with nausea, rashes, mucousitis, and general irritability, and rough on me emotionally. Well, maybe physical for me too since I'm running on 3 hours of sleep.

On the eve of Watts' birthday, I long for things to be different. I want to be home finishing up his birthday cake, wrapping up presents, and putting streamers down the hall. But that is not to be. I'm curled up next to Watts in a hospital bed, smelling the stench of chemo on my sweet boy's skin, and shushing him as he cries out in discomfort in his sleep.

My cry/prayer tonight...

Rock of Ages, when the day seems long
From this labor and this heartache, I have come
The skies will wear out, but you remain the same
Rock of Ages, I praise your name
Rock of Ages, you have brought me near
You have poured out your life-blood, your love, your tears 
To make this stone heart come alive again
Rock of Ages, forgive my sin.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Hannah. We are missionaries in Cambodia and have a connection to you through my sister and her family; they know your mother-in-law through CYC Choir. I have been following your blog for a few months. When I started, I actually went back so that I could read it from the beginning to see the whole story.

    I just wanted to tell you what a huge blessing and encouragement you have been! Your honesty and your faith are a challenge to my heart and your posts have consistently pointed my focus to our amazing God.

    Please know that we are praying for you and your family often. I am just two years past an unexpected breast cancer diagnosis, surgery, and chemo. I remember well how much it meant to realize that there were people that I didn't even know who were bringing my name before the Lord in prayer!

    Praise the Lord that we can rest in the truth that God is ALWAYS good. We will continue to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Alison, for the prayers and encouragement! It means so, so much.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs