Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sunday update.

Watts (barely) made counts so it looks like we will be admitting first thing tomorrow morning for a five day stay. I am so thankful that his counts are rising and so thankful to move ahead with treatment, but also dreading going back and making my boy "sick" again. It is a difficult thing to wrap my head around, even five months in, the whole bringing-my-happy-son-in-to-make-him-miserable-with chemo thing. Intellectually I know that these drugs are life-saving, but as a mama bear I want to grab him and run away to someplace free of pain and side effects. But, oh, I am so thankful for Brenner and for treatment and our doctors and nurses.

 --------------------------

In other news, we had the privilege of walking with Team Watts for the Light the Night walk yesterday (to raise money for leukemia research). Yes, Watts was neutropenic, but we kept him on the outskirts of the crowd and were loaded up on with antibacterial wipes and soap. During the actual walk, we brought up the rear with the paramedic bicyclists trailing us. It was a really fun evening.
Thank you to all who came out to walk in Watts honor and thank you, Jessica, for organizing. I'm sure this will be the first of many, many, walks to come.

Piper, without hesitation, rode a horse for the first time.

Team Watts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs