Saturday, October 12, 2013

All is well.

Although we've been home for a couple of days now, I feel like I can just now start to catch my breath. Since leaving the hospital, Watts has had some temperatures that have been hovering at around 100, some very painful mucositis (in his diaper area), and some nausea. As a result, my days have looked a lot like me hovering over him and following him around, taking his temperature multiple times an hour, talking frequently to his doctors, and anxiously waiting for the temperature to crawl a little higher and send us straight back to the hospital.

But it has dropped today! Deep breath. 
And no more nausea. Thank goodness.

The last couple of days have not been my finest hours. This ambiguous waiting and watching...ugh, it has been super hard on me this time round. Michael, on the other hand, has been awesome and encouraging, and reminding me daily to enjoy the time that we do have at home instead of simply waiting and dreading being sent back. I am thankful for him and his wisdom, even when it takes me a few days to actually listen to him:)

So, the rest of this weekend, I am hoping to breathe and rest and spend some time outside. Maybe even wash my sheets and hang some pictures on the wall. We are scheduled to readmit on Monday for more chemo (five day Etopside stay) if his counts are high enough, but until then I want to smile a little bit more and hover a little bit less.

Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you.
~Psalm 55:22

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs