Thursday, September 12, 2013

Tired

Today was another challenging one with Watts. In a couple of days he should bounce back to his normal jolly self, with little to no memory of the yucky steroids, but I'm usually not as quick to recover.

The last few weeks have been hard ones on us. We are very worn out, in every sense of the word.  Michael and I have had several moments lately, typically once we collapse into bed after coercing our babies to sleep, where we have looked at each other and asked, "Is this real life?" or "How are we suppose to keep doing this?" We haven't quite figured out those questions yet but we are trying to take it all one day at a time. 

I've found myself singing this hymn in the harder moments:

Great is Thy faithfulness,” O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.

“Great is Thy faithfulness!” “Great is Thy faithfulness!“
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
 “Great is Thy faithfulness,” Lord, unto me!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs