Saturday, February 15, 2014

Delays and hair.

With the snow and ice over the past couple of days, Watts' lumbar puncture got rescheduled for Monday. We could have easily gone yesterday after the sun came out, but Watts has to be at Brenner at 8am to get the first appointment of the day since he has to be "NPO" (Nil Per Os meaning to withhold all oral food) for his sedation...Trying to explain to an 18 month old why he can't eat or drink for long periods of time is never, ever a good idea. We've never had weather-related delays before but we've been assured by our primary doctor that Watts' treatment has not been compromised...otherwise we would have risked leg and limb to get there!

In the meantime, we are enjoying a few more days with our happy boy before we start steroids...

And we've said goodbye to Watts' hair again. Three weeks after our last chemo inpatient stay and his hair is falling out quickly, and in the shape of an awesome mohawk currently. If all goes as scheduled, his hair will fall out one more time in about two months and then it'll grow back in for good, hopefully!

And here's a couple obligatory snow pictures. Our kids were daredevils and even went sledding down the big hill behind Lindley Elementary. Watts kept signing "more", "more".

And now we wait and ache for Spring. No more snow for awhile, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Design By Designer Blogs