Thursday, August 14, 2014

IVIG

Watts' lumbar puncture went well on Monday and all his labs (except for IGG level) looked good. Due to his low IGG level, Watts and I are back at Brenner for the day for an IVIG transfusion. We got here super early to get Watts' port accessed and to get in a room, and now we are killing time while we wait for the IVIG order to arrive. We've roamed the halls, watched for helicopters, ridden on the go-cart, and talked to our sweet nurses that we've missed so much. While it has been wonderful to be in maintenance and do all outpatient treatment, I've missed all the staff on the inpatient side and, in a weird way, I've missed the familiarity of the world that we lived in for the last year. But, don't get me wrong, it'll be good to leave in six hours ;)

I am so thankful for this boy and how well he's responded to treatment. And, my goodness, he's come a long, long way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs